Antibiotics are an essential part of modern medicine and are the only cure for numerous infectious diseases. Since the discovery of penicillin in the 1940s, scientists from many countries have developed more than 150 different antibiotics to help stop the spread of infections.
1) Virtually all current antibiotics act only on replicating bacteria
2) Antibiotics can’t distinguish between the “good” and the “bad” bacteria
3) Bacteria produce antibiotics
4) The worst thing one can do is to take only a few of the antibiotic prescribed
5) Antibiotics are not completely metabolized in the body and are released as active compounds into the environment
6) Bacteria subsisting on antibioticsRead More